Gartner has recently published it’s Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center (see here) with some interesting insight on the best technology platforms and software applications for the Customer Service and Support market.
Among the 6 leaders are the stronger players in the market with Salesforce leading the pack by some margin, followed by Pegasystems, Microsoft, ServiceNow, Zendesk, and Oracle.
Some interesting insights or comments from Gartner:
+ The continued investment in verticals by extending industry-specific offering. Be it by developing the product or acquiring other software solutions / companies.
– Customers are showing concerns about high prices and contract inflexibility, as well as over-customisation of the platform.
Pegasystems Pega Customer Service
+ Praise is given to Pegasystems for its partnership and commitment to its customers’ digital transformation projects.
– Customers flag that it’s very hard to find Pegasystems specialists, with relevant technical and industry experience, making it difficult to implement, develop and maintain.
+ Customers highlighted the extensibility using the same codebase as the low-code Power Platform that underpins all Dynamics products and Microsoft-related systems.
– Customers feel that they need a lot of training and support if they want to make the most out of the applications features and functionalities.
ServiceNow Customer Service Management
+ Gartner praises ServiceNow for its robust platform and capabilities around IT service management, asset management and real-time monitoring.
– Customers complain about the complex and confusing licensing model, as well as the need to contract professional developers to configure and develop the platform.
+ The report highlighted the features of OIA (fka Oracle Policy Automation), which enables some very clever self-service capabilities, when integrated with Service Cloud.
– Customer’s continue disliking Oracle’s complex licensing model, as well as the time they need to skill-up, in order to develop, support and manage the software.
+ Customers give a lot of praise to Zendesk’s innovation and ease of use, configuration, customisation. As well as for the agility, benefits and time to value.
– Gartner states that, compared to some of the competition, Zendesk has limited vertical product strategy, which may hinder companies in certain regulated industries.