This week I received an email from the company where I have my car insurance – Admiral – and the subject was “Important information about your Admiral policy”.
Past experience tells customers that an email with this subject rarely brings good news. It usually is to inform that premiums went up, or something of that nature.
But the content of the email was rather surprising. Admiral was telling me that due to COVID-19, and the lock-down measures, there was less cars on the road.
This obviously resulted in fewer claims. So Admiral decided to pro-actively issue premium refunds to their customers. How cool is that?!
There are a lot of great things about this gesture of goodwill, as well as the way it was communicated, delivering an outstanding Customer Experience.
- The gesture is not common in the industry; Surprises the customer with good news in a time of crisis; And puts some money in the pockets of some customers in need.
- It shows that even in during a crisis, and whilst the company is dealing with enormous challenges, they are still thinking of the customer.
- The communication is personalised, direct, simple and to the point; It not only says how much will be refunded, but is transparent re. the calculation done.
- To avoid confusion, anxiety or frustration, it also clarifies how it will be done; And when the customer can expect the refund.
- For customers who may need further information, a landing page was created admiral.com/stayathome where it is also easy to get in touch.
I have researched a lot when looking for a car insurance, and one of my criteria was Customer Experience – it seems like Admiral is living up to the positive reviews and brand promises.
I am a loyal customer that, on the back of this experience, turned into an advocate.