RightNow Outreach provides a powerful solution for building and managing dynamic, multiple-step marketing campaigns.
The intuitive campaign designer, allows the creation of campaigns as a flow diagram. Admins can easily design a campaign by dragging and dropping components/elements from the toolbox to the canvas.
In addition, it is possible for Admins to define objectives and budgets for the campaigns, as well as estimate expenses and ROI.
Once the campaign is launched, Admins can review its results and compare them against the estimates to evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign.
To create a campaign:
Step 1: Click the Campaigns button on the navigation pane and double-click Campaigns Explorer.
Step 2: Click the New button to select a starting point for your new campaign.
- Click Blank Campaign to open a new campaign with a blank design canvas
- Click Choose Existing Campaign to create a new campaign by copying the design of an existing campaign
- Click Choose a Campaign Template to create a new campaign by copying a campaign template
Step 3: Click the Details button to manage campaign details, including assignment, start and end dates, and objectives.
Step 4: Click the Results button to view the campaign results (this report will display no data until the campaign has been launched).
Step 5: Click the Tasks button to add tasks to the campaign.
Step 6: Design the flow diagram of your campaign.
The flow diagram will be the graphical representation of the steps, actions and decisions the campaign will perform, and the order in which it will perform those.
Before starting the design, it is advisable that Admins know the elements available in the toolbox and consider how each of them will help accomplish the campaigns’ key objectives.
After inserting each element the Admin can double-click on it to open a window where attributes of that element can be edited or defined.
To create a flow diagram perform the following three steps:
Step 6.1: Drag and drop the elements from the toolbox onto the canvas.
Event Triggering Elements: Serve as starting points for campaigns
- Serve Web Page
- Broadcast Mailing
- Scheduled Entry Point
- Entry Point
Standard Elements: Perform actions when specified criteria are met.
- Add to List
- Transactional Mailing
- Set Field
- Transactional Survey
- Redirect to URL
- External Event
Artifacts: Comments about the campaign. Do not affect the outcome of the flow diagram.
Conditional Elements: Produce multiple path outcomes based on decisions.
Step 6.2: Connect one element to another. To do that just click an anchor on the first element and drag the connector to an anchor on the second element. The anchor is highlighted when the connector is able to link to it. The connector arrow will point from the first element to the second.
Connectors are components used to link elements and indicate flow direction. Elements can be connected to other elements depending on their type. The type of connectors are:
- Yes (Green): links a decision element to another element. The path is taken if the contact meets the criteria specified in the decision.
- No (Red): links a decision element to another element. The path is taken if the contact does not meet the criteria specified in the decision.
- Standard (Gray): links one element to another element. The second action is performed immediately after the first
- Artifact (Black, Dashed): links a comment to an element.
- Submit (Blue): submits an element’s web form fields to the database and links to another element. A web form can be a document with a web form or survey questions
- Case (Gray): links a case statement element to another element. The path is taken if the contact meets the criteria specified in the case statement.
Each element can have a specific number of incoming and outgoing connectors.
Step 6.3 (Optional): Change the formatting of an element. Cut, copy, or paste one or more components. Export an image of the canvas to your workstation by clicking the CX button and selecting Export Image.