The first release of 2016 is there already with loads of new features. The Feb 16 release of Oracle Service Cloud brings many cool and useful stuff that we were all looking forward to.
Reporting and Analytics
Consolidated Dashboard layouts
A new dashboard layout is available on the Dashboards editor. Unlike other layouts, which determine where the individual reports display on the dashboard, the Consolidated Dashboard layout groups information from all reports on the dashboard into a single report. This lets you display data from multiple, unrelated tables in a single report. While single reports can pull information from unrelated tables, they may fail to run due to database query limits. All reports used in the dashboard must have the same number of columns and the corresponding columns in each report must have the same data type.
Column details available in Report Management reports
The “Reports by Description” and “View Report Descriptions” reports in the Report Management module now include links to column descriptions. For instance, when you run the “View Report Descriptions” report to see descriptions of Oracle Service Cloud reports, you can click the Details link next to a report name to view information about every column included in the report.
Dynamic Agent Desktop Configuration
Changes were made to aid organisation and searching. Recent items are now grouped into three additional categories depending on when the record was last opened. Groups include Today, Yesterday, and Older, in addition to Pinned. You can search for records using a text search and filter by type.
Single Sign-on enhancement
The entity ID used in the metadata you export from the Single Sign-on Configurations editor can now be customised. The custom value is used instead of the entity ID that is generated when your Oracle Service Cloud Site is created. By using a custom ID, problems associated with external systems recognising special characters can be avoided.
Two new workspace and script options properties have been added in the February 2016 release.
- “Refresh When New Record is Saved” is a new option property for the Policy Automation (OPA) control. When selected, it ensures an agent sees the correct PK ID displayed on the Policy Automation control after the initial save of the created object.
- “Hide Options Button” is a new options property for reports and relationship items which contain the Options When selected, it removes the Options button from displaying in workspaces and scripts.
The Feb 2016 release adds “Interactive Spellcheck” to the Customer Portal. “Interactive Spellcheck” improves the customer experience with interactive correction of misspelled search terms. If a mistake in typing or spelling occurs, customers are now offered query correction options.
Customer Portal for Knowledge Advanced now displays recent searches within a drop-down list. This feature is designed to improve usability on Customer Portal by displaying a list of recent searches performed by a customer during their session.
The following enhancements have been made available to the Agent Browser UI Extensibility Framework:
- Creating, editing, deleting, finding, and opening workspace records
- Including and excluding menu items in simple and hierarchical menu fields
- Additional validation and business logic on saving and closing workspaces
Change user password
You can now change your Oracle Service Cloud user password using the Change Password option in the Settings and Actions drop-down menu. This option is not available when SSO Login is enabled.
Persistent Summary panel
A new workspace Options property allows you to display the summary panel in a workspace as a persistent panel located directly above the primary tab set or as the first tab in the primary tab set. The Options property, named “Summary Panel Alignment”, is available when the primary Tab Set control is selected, and applies only to workspaces in the Agent Browser UI. For existing workspaces, the default value is First Tab, whereas the default value for new workspaces is Top.
Expanded version information in the About dialog
When you select About from the Actions and Settings drop-down menu, you will see expanded version information, including information about both your Oracle Service Cloud and Agent Browser UI product release versions.
Send broadcast Notification message to all logged in users
When you click the Create button in the Notifications window, the “Send To All Logged In Users” check box appears, allowing you to send a message to all staff members currently logged into the system. When you select the check box, the “To” field is disabled.
View Social results and create Social incidents
You can now view social monitor results and create incidents from those results using the Agent Browser UI.
- Two new reports for viewing and managing social monitoring results are available specifically for the Agent Browser UI. The “Social Monitor Search Results” report is a top level report that allows you to view all searches and drill down to results. The “Social Monitor New Results” report displays all new results.
- After selecting a specific social monitor post (Twitter public, Twitter @mention, Facebook subscription, or Facebook private message), the “Create Incident” button is displayed if an incident has not already been created for the post which allows you to create a new social incident.
Enhancements to incident threads
Several new functions related to incident threads are now supported in the Agent Browser UI.
- An attachment icon now appears on an incident response thread header when an attachment has been sent with that response. Click on the attachment icon for a list of attachments sent with the response, then click on an attachment in the list to view the attachment.
- When you copy an existing incident, you can edit or delete all thread entries in order to modify the new incident as desired. After the new incident has been saved, you can no longer modify or delete those threads.
- The “Read Only” behaviour properties for the Rich Text Incident Thread control on the incident workspace – Read Only On New, Read Only On Edit, or Read Only/Profile Based – are now supported by the Agent Browser UI.
Additional workspace rules triggers, conditions, and actions are now supported.
Knowledge Advanced enhancements
Additional Knowledge Advanced features available in Agent Browser UI include:
- Hot keys for “Add As Text” and “Add As Link”, used to add an answer to a message body, are now available.
- When an answer is added to a message body as a link or as text or when an answer is viewed, these events are tracked and are reported in the “Answers Utilized by Agents”, which is accessed from Oracle Service Cloud Smart Client (or Dynamic Agent Desktop).
The Report Behaviour options “Create New Records in Separate Workgroup” and “Open Existing Records in Separate Workgroup” for the report control are now supported in the Agent Browser UI, allowing the new record or opened record to be saved independently from the record the control is on.
Enhanced user interface look and feel
A number of changes to the workspace toolbar, primary tabs, and secondary tabs will provide more visual cues to the user.
- On the workspace toolbar, the “Refresh”, “Save”, and “Save and Close” buttons now have appropriate icons to the left of the button text.
- The selected primary workspace tab has a blue bar below the tab text to indicate it is the selected tab.
- Secondary tabs include an appropriate icon to the left of the tab text to indicate the record type.
The selected secondary tab will have a border around the tab text and icon and the tab text will have bold blue formatting.