In order to create surveys in RightNow Feedback, you must first create the questions that your respondents will answer. You can choose different question types to gather responses of different qualities, and you can customize display characteristics of each question.
For example, you can provide space for your respondents to enter their answers in their own words, returning data that is often specific and insightful. Alternately, you can offer respondents a choice of prewritten answers to a question, which provides you with a consistent, easily interpreted data set. You can also score choice questions and use RightNow Analytics to evaluate responses as numerical values.
When you create a survey question, you define the question name, type, and text that respondents see on the survey. You can also assign a score to each question choice. When creating questions, you can choose from three question types.
- Text questions – Text questions let respondents type their answer to the question. You can create text questions when you want your respondents to be able to answer in their own words without having to choose from predefined options (e.g. “Do you have any suggestions?”). When you create a text question, you define only the question and the available space the respondent has to answer.
- Choice questions – Creating choice questions lets you define the available responses for the question, allowing respondents to choose their answer from a menu, radio button, check box, or list. Choice questions may be scored and evaluated in Analytics.
- Matrix questions – In cases where a series of questions can be responded to with the same set of answer choices, matrix questions can help streamline a survey’s appearance by grouping the questions together in a table. Answer choices are displayed using either radio buttons (to permit only one answer to each question) or check boxes (to allow more than one answer). If you choose radio buttons, you can restrict selections to one choice per row, forcing respondents to rank their answers.
To create a question:
1. Click the Surveys navigation button and then double-click the Questions Explorer on the navigation list.
2. From the Questions Explorer, click the New button. A new question opens on the content pane.
3. Type the text of the question in the Question Text field. This will be the question you want the respondent to answer.
4. Select the Question Type on the drop-down menu.
4.1. If “Text“ question type is selected you can make the question required or not, and control the number of characters the customer can use to respond, the number of lines displayed in the answer field, the width of the answer field or if there will be a real time character count displayed.
4.2. If “Choice“ question type is selected you can define how the choices are going to be displayed (Radio, Check box, Menu, List), the Respondent Selections (Required, number of choices, etc.), and add the choices. It is also possible to give score to the each choice in order to use analytics afterwards.
4.3. If “Matrix“ question type is selected you can define how the choices are going to be displayed (Radio, Checkbox), the Respondent Row Selections (Required, number of choices, etc.), add the questions and choices. It is also possible to give score to the each choice in order to use analytics afterwards.