Operations represent specific calls invoked to perform specific tasks on the RightNow CX platform. Connect Web Services defines a number of operations which either accept or return one or more instances of RNObject.
CRUD – Create, Read, Update and Destroy
CRUD operations allow for the creation, reading, updating and deleting of objects contained in the RightNow CX system.
- Create and Get (Read) operations return a list containing 1 to N RNObjects.
- Update and Destroy operations do not return a value upon success.
- If a CRUD operation fails, a SOAP fault is returned.
Listed bellow are the supported operations in Connect Web Services (that are included in the WSDL).
- Batch: Sends a set of operations to the server in a single request.
- ConvertGenericToObject: Converts a generic object to a typed object.
- ConvertObjectToGeneric: Converts a typed object to a generic object.
- Create: Creates one or more instances of objects which inherit from RNObject.
- Destroy: Destroys one or more instances of objects which inherit from RNObject.
- ExecuteMarketingFlow: Initiates a marketing campaign flow.
- Get: Reads one ore more instances of objects which inherit from RNObject.
- GetFileData: Obtains the binary data for a file attachment.
- GetMetaData: Obtains all meta-data information for all classes.
- GetMetaDataForClass: Obtains meta-data information for the specified class.
- GetMetaDataLastChangeTime: Obtains the date and time of the last change to the meta-data.
- GetValuesForNamedID: Obtains a list of ID-Name pairs for a specific NamedID field.
- GetValuesForNamedIDHierarchy: Obtains a list of ID-Name pairs for a specific NamedIDHierarchy field.
- QueryCSV: Processes a ROQL query string and returns data in a CSV result.
- QueryObjects: Processes a ROQL query string and returns one or more objects.
- ResetContactPassword: Invalidates a contacts password and emails a link to the contact that can be used to reset the password.
- RunAnalyticsReport: Executes a RightNow Analytics report reurnning the data in a CSV result.
- SendMailingToContact: Sends a transactional mailing to a contact.
- Update: Updates one or more instance of objects which inherit from RNObject.
One thought on “Connect Web Services for SOAP: API Operations”